Monday, November 15, 2010

My Dream Design Destinations

First of all, SO sorry for the huge lapse in blogging-- no excuses, but I've been a little busy lately and I let my blog fall by the wayside! Never again...

Today I'm going to be telling you about two of my dream design destinations.  First, ABC Carpet & Home in NYC.  This store, around since 1897, is 6 floors of amazing furniture, lighting, and home accents and, of course, rugs and carpets.  Located on Broadway in New York City, it is a must see on any home decorating lover's list.  The decorating giant has also recently opened a warehouse outlet in the Bronx where certain items are up to 75% off!  Next time you're in NYC, make sure to check out this amazing store-- I know I will!


The exterior of ABC Carpet & Home


An interior shot-- such amazing chandeliers!


Interior Shot #2-- loads of furniture


Interior Shot #3-- lamps, rugs, and linens galore!

Second, Nell Hill's in Atchison/Kansas City.  Since 1981, this store has been the inspiration of Mary Carol Garrity, Atchison, Kansas native. Hundreds of women from all over the country make decorating trips to Mary Carol's Atchison store annually, leaving with truck and Suburban-loads FULL of amazing and unique home accents and accessories.  In fact, Mary Carol recently expanded her reach by opening an even larger location in Briarcliff Village in Kansas City.  Both locations are a must-see on my list of design destinations-- check out a sneak peek below!



Exterior shot of the Atchison store



Interior shot #1-- What amazing monochromatic bookshelves!



Interior shot #2-- love the grass blinds.

 
Interior Shot #3-- great juxtaposition of cream and black.


I hope both of these stores have made your list of must-sees if you're ever in New York City or Kansas City-- they would be well worth the stop!  I'm glad to be back into blogging, and I hope that I've inspired you to take time to turn your house into a home.

God Bless,

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Yea! You're back. I've missed reading your blog while you were on your hiatus. I'm hoping that if I read your blog faithfully, some of your talent might transfer backwards, from daughter to mother, but I'm afraid that it skipped a generation and there's no hope for me in the decorating department.

    ReplyDelete